Living a simple life in a cottage by the sea.

May 31, 2012

My Baby's Baby


Thank you so much for all the sweet comments about the birth of our grandson! I promise I'll try not to bore you with too many posts about him...but I had to post this photo...



Traditional Lullabye

Tell me why the stars do shine,
Tell me why the ivy twines,
Tell me why the sky is so blue,
And I will tell you just why I love you.
Because God made the stars to shine,
Because God made the ivy twine,
Because God made the sky so blue,
Because God made you, that’s why I love you.

I really think that God above,
created you for me to love,
He picked you out from all the rest,
Because he knew, dear,
I’d love you the best.

My daughter and grandbaby are doing so well. She called me this morning and told me she only slept for about an hour last night. I told her welcome to the world of being a new mommy! I think I'm going to love being a grandmother. I will be called Me~Me! Everyone agrees that seems to suit me the best. They should be coming home tomorrow. Our little world will be turned upside down in the most wonderful way!

9 comments:

  1. What a precious babe! I can almost smell that sweet baby smell!
    btw...post as many pictures as you like...he will be a huge part of your life and if you feel like sharing go right ahead sweet Me~Me.
    Love your friend Tammy aka Nanny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Laurie how sweet. Grand babies are more fun than babes. Lol miss candi said tell jr to get ready for no attention for a while and lots of noise. Lol
    Have fun.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy! Enjoy this wonderful time Laurie...

    m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's just perfectly beautiful, Laurie, or should I say Me-Me? Congratulations, again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photo of your grandson is quite precious, indeed! Congratulations on being a grandmother! :) Also, don't worry about putting up too many photos of your grandson. As a new "me-me" now, you're very much entitled to do so! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We definitely would like to see pictures of the precious little one. Its brought back all the magical moments of those first few weeks for me when I learned to love more than ever before. Lily. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh he is the sweetest looking little baby! Just darling. You are very blessed. Babies never bore fellow mothers...:)

    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Laurie, go right ahead - bore us as much as you like !lol! Pleeeeease!!
    I'd be disappointed if you didn't share your gorgeous grandson with us!
    What a delightful photo of the little one..so sweet and cuddly.
    "Me-Me" is a lovely name and suits you well.
    blessings..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a precious picture!
    Grandbabies are GREAT! You are going to enjoy him so very much!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

“A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world.”
~ Leo F. Buscaglia quotes