Tea and Crumble







"Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cotton~tail...went down the lane to gather blackberries."
~ Beatrix Potter


Oh boy, our blackberries are beginning to ripen. We love blackberry crumble around here. A simple dessert or afternoon treat ~ delicious with vanilla icecream! We usually have enough berries for a crumble or two then I freeze the rest. I like to save them for crumbles come Thanksgiving time. I should have enough in the next day or so to make one. Nothing like a cup of tea with crumble!

Easy Peasy Blackberry Crumble

3 cups berries
2~3 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp cornstarch

Combine and bake for about 20 minutes

Combine 1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp of butter

Remove fruit from oven. Sprinkle crumb mixture on top. Bake 15 or so minutes.
My family especially loves the "crumble" part so I tend to double the amount. I've made this using peaches, blueberries and of course blackberries, and sometimes I combine whatever fruit I have on hand.







In other cottage news, I'm learning to play the Strumstick ~ cutest little thing to strum and easy for a beginner like me. I've always loved the sound of guitar (my Mom used to sing to us on hers) and I've long wanted to learn to play an instrument. So far I only know how to strum, but I'm keeping at it. I really want to learn to play an old favorite ~ "Down in the Valley."






Comments

  1. I am jealous of your berries. Ya'll are so far ahead of us on getting the good stuff our of your gardens!

    My Hubby likes to strum his guitar...I think he goes to his happy place when he does it...lol! As for me all I can play is the radio...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so good,Laurie. We're still waiting for Summer to show up around here. What a sweet memory of your mother playing the guitar for you. So soon you'll be able to strum some lullabies for that new grandson? Just think of what wonderful memories that will make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Strumstick sounds wonderful!
    I think it's great that you are learning to play it!
    My hubby and 2 sons can play anything with strings but sadly, I don't have that kind of ability.
    I would like to try this thing though - it looks like fun!
    Your crumble recipe is a winner :-)
    Enjoy your day, Laurie.
    love and blessings..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blackberry crumble sounds good. I'll have to try it. Just wondering, what oven temperature do you use to cook the berries and then the berries and the crumble together?

    Your strumstick is cute.I don't think I've seen one of those before.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never used oats in fruit crumble - it makes the topping healthier than just flour and probably 'crumblier'. MMmmm I would like to try this recipe. Lily. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ✿✿⊱╮
    Passei para uma visitinha.
    Seu blog é lindo e muito agradável.
    Boa quinta-feira!
    Bom Feriado!
    Beijinhos.
    Brasil
    •.¸¸✿⊱╮¸¸.•

    ReplyDelete
  7. This makes we want a blackberry cobbler... My husband plays guitar I have always wished I could play piano.

    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

“A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world.”
~ Leo F. Buscaglia quotes