Living a simple life in a cottage by the sea.

Aug 23, 2012

A Lazy Kind of Day...and Changes



"'Tis the last rose of summer,
Left blooming alone;
All her lovely companions
Are faded and gone."
~Thomas Moore


A birthday present ~ boot socks from Catherine Cole


Hard to believe August is nearly over. It has been a busy month, including a birthday of a certain Me~Me (ahem).

This week about the cottage you would find...

Freshly baked bread and rolls

A few pears ripening

Packages of seeds waiting to be planted

A bit of late Summer greenery to brighten the kitchen

and

the dining room


I'm having some privacy issues with blogger (some not very nice sites showing up in the stats). For this reason I will be making my blog private early next week. I wish there was some way to block that sort of site...
If you would like an invitation please click on my profile and send me an email so I can add your name. Sorry to say that blogger has become a place for this type of invasion. Makes me sad and angry and not something I want to worry about.


Hope you all have a lovely weekend.




10 comments:

  1. Yes, I'll send you an email. I am also making mine private...having weird followers :(

    m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dear Friend,
    Oh I love the socks So you. I will have to check them out. I so understand. I am going to private the first of the week too. It was a shock to me too to see those sites in my stats.
    Grrrrr. I tried to call Google but it is all about money to them. Grrrrr
    Happy birthday.
    XXOO
    Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,

    I love those socks so pretty!! I am so sorry to hear about the blogger issue... I do hope to get an invitation. I will email you.

    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I emailed you last night.

    It's so sad that bloggers are having these kind of problems. We live in a strange world sometimes, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just sent you an email. I was having some difficulties, but I hope that you received it. I have heard of others having privacy issues as well with Blogger. I don't know what's going on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have enjoyed your blog and getting to know you through stories and pictures!
    i am so sorry that the evil things in this world have to touch such a lovely person as you.
    i will email you!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belated Birthday!

    You always have the cutest clothes right down to your socks!

    Hope all is well with you and yours!♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laurie, I'd love to keep following you.
    I will try to email you too.
    I sometimes see weird things pop up in my stats too.
    I know that some sites are not actually visiting our blogs at all but just send "junkmail" in the hopes that we will get curious and click the link to find out who they are.
    Once the link is clicked it takes us to their site and that helps push them up the ladder in Google hits.
    They're trying to boost their numbers.
    But some other sites are just plain evil and we want to be off their radar completely.
    I never click a link I don't recognise but will google it to see if it's spam.
    Sad we have to be so suspicious but it's the safest way to be!
    Hope everything works out for you.
    Your blog is such a delight and we wouldn't want lose you :-)
    love and blessings..Trish xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your safe and everything is o.k. with all the bad weather that's in your area. I've been thinking about you this morning after hearing about "Isaac" in the news.

    Take care,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just lovely! The homemade bread and rolls, greenery, socks, peaches, pears, seeds...a visual feast! Thanks so much for your inspiring posts!

    ReplyDelete

“A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world.”
~ Leo F. Buscaglia quotes