Living a simple life in a cottage by the sea.

Dec 20, 2012

Hope



Tis the Season

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune--without the words,
And never stops at all,
And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.
I've heard it in the chillest land,
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.
~ Emily Dickinson


With all the happened this past week in Connecticut, I know some have found it hard to be in the Christmas Spirit. More than ever I find myself leaning on God and prayer. A quote from Charles DIckens A Christmas Carol sums up how I feel... “I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.”
Tomorrow I'll share a few Christmasy photos from our little Rose Cottage. Before you know it Christmas will be upon us!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this. I have not been able to continue on as though nothing happened...not this time. I have cancelled Christmas but I too keep it in my heart all year and some see it too. blessings, lady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your lovely photos :) It is very hard to feel Christmassy when such tragic events have occurred, I'm trying to just remember to hold my loved ones close and be happy I have them in my life, especially at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete

“A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world.”
~ Leo F. Buscaglia quotes