Living a simple life in a cottage by the sea.

Jan 6, 2013

Pretty Little Things




Since I started "pinning" styles I would like to try on Pinterest I've discovered a few things about my fashion preferences. I like to mix pink with gray as well as black. I also really love the colors turquoise, blue and lavender. I'm going to try and incorporate these colors into my wardrobe ~ on a budget of course!
I've found a few pretty things as the thrift store to spruce up my outfits. A purse in the perfect shade of pink, a blue ruffly tank top and a lacey scarf.


I don't feel I've given up my femininity by wearing jeans, rather I feel a sense of freedom by not trying to pin myself down to a certain look. And to be honest, I was getting tired of wearing skirts especially while cleaning out the chicken coop and working in the garden!
I am lovin' my jeans! It has taken me a long time to find some that fit well. I wear a 4, and I found I had to pay a bit extra for ones that fit around my waist (which is small) and my hips (which are large in proportion).
Sorry for the blurry photos. I was having one of those bad camera days.


closeup of the buttons ~ sparkly and very pretty!


excuse the mess behind me...a baby swing and my sewing stuff seems to have exploded on the floor.


I can't wait until tonight ~ season 3 of Downton Abbey begins! I've got the wine chilling and the crackers and cheese, dip and veggies just ready for snackin'! Maybe tomorrow I'll show my new lace blouse ~ I refer to it as my Downton Abbey blouse!

6 comments:

  1. I love your blouse so pretty. And i think you still look fab!

    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love gray! That is my go-to neutral color. I couldn't survive without my jeans. Glad you found some that fit well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love your outfit! That's something that I would wear, too. It's both pretty and comfortable. Please, keep sharing more outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THE TOP! You look so fantastic. It is really beautifully feminine, with the denim adding a modern twist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello rosebud,
    i love your outfit.you looks fantastic!!!! love the stil mix lace and jeans.
    have a wonderful week,
    blessings regina

    ReplyDelete

“A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world.”
~ Leo F. Buscaglia quotes