For Mom

 
Seven years ago I lost my Mom to kidney disease.  Six months earlier we had our home destroyed by Hurricane Katrina.  That was by far the most devastating time of my life.   We have since rebuilt our home and lives (it takes a long time to recover from a hurricane), but of course things are never quite the same after you lose a parent.
 
 
 
My Mom loved pink roses
 
 
If Roses Grow in Heaven*
 
If roses grow in heaven
 Lord please pick a bunch for me
Place them in my Mother's arms
And tell her they're from me
 
Tell her I love and miss her
And when she turns to smile
Place a kiss upon her cheek
And hold her for awhile
 
Because remembering her is easy
I do it every day
But there's an ache within my heart
That will never go away.
 
 
I love you Mom and miss you so much,
Laurie
 
*Poem found on the internet

 

Comments

  1. What a beautiful poem - it has me crying. My Nanny had a picture like that pink rose in her living room and I have it now but its so faded you can barely make out the image. I also miss her every day even though its been over twenty years since she passed. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely tribute to your mother. I'm so sorry you had to go through such tough times. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lost my Mama five years ago and I miss her so much. I've also lost my Daddy, so there are times that I feel almost lost. I love this poem and believe your Mom smiled as you wrote this post.

    Grace & Peace,

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful poem and I am sorry for your loss. I think death is so mysterious...yet we have no choice in the matter! Perhaps it makes us rely on God more!

    Spinach is one thing I can grow! I decided, just now, that blogger is better then wordpress...I went over to there and tinkered around and it got me very confused...and then in just an hour I got 4 followers from heaven-knows-where so I deleted it!

    I just googled for a right-click fix..you can do that and determine what is a bonifide website with good help, or use mine that I found: (it looked bonifide to me at least)...
    http://www.beinggeeks.com/2009/02/how-to-disable-right-click-in-blogger-blogspot.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so very beautiful. You have been through such a lot in a short time.
    I have started blogging again, just couldn't stay away ; )
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

“A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world.”
~ Leo F. Buscaglia quotes