Yes, I'm Dreaming of Spring



You love the roses... so do I. I wish the sky would rain down roses, as they rain from off the shaken bush. Why will it not? Then all the valley would be pink and white and soft to tread on. They would fall as light as feathers, smelling sweet; and it would be like sleeping and like waking, all at once!
    ~ George Eliot

Well, we've had a pretty rainy weekend here.  It's great for the garden, but it tries my nerves, I can only take a day or two of gloomy weather.  The Azaelas are starting to bloom ~ I know Spring can't be far behind.


You never know what you may find at the thrift store. I came across this Christian Dior pale pink slip for $1.29. Soooo pretty, but it's too big, so I'm trying to decide if I should cut off the lace to use for something else or try to resize the slip to fit. I just hate the thought of cutting up something so "designer." I'm really not into labels (but I will admit some of the better made items I've thrifted are from Ralph Lauren, Liz Claiborne and Banana Rebuplic). But wow a Dior? I don't think I'll come across another one again.



I also found this nice little linen skirt (you know I'm a sucker for white skirts) and I remade the jacket from another thrifted top that I dyed pink and cut off part of the bottom and added the ruffles. My take on Magnolia Pearl. HaHa.






Comments

  1. I am posting twice because it said "service unavailable" when I tried to submit it...so I will re-start what I think I said..ha..

    Very pretty! The jacket looks like it would sell for alot....and on Magnolia Pearl! You brightened up my boring winter day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha...I thought of you when I put up that header...I knew you would like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am ready for Spring as well but I would take a weekend of good, slow, rain. We have had drought conditions for going on three years. So not normal for us.

    I love the jacket. Very well done! I would cut the lace off of the slip and use it for something else. Besides, who will ever know, and such pretty lace should be seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the piece about the roses. I'm longing for Spring too ; )

    What a great find and for so little money. You are very Lucky !! I love the combination you are wearing, very pretty !!
    I would hesitate too, to cut up a perfec t piece of clothing like that Dior. Is there another way you can fix it ??
    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always find the prettiest clothing at thrift stores! I'm so jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet and pretty blog. You have been through a lot and it sounds like you are facing another trial. You have such a good attitude and I love all your thrifty ideas. I hope things go well for you.
    Linda in far away Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been thinking about your blog all weekend and am back to nominate you for the Liebster Award. Your blog is deserving of this award. You can check it out on my blog and if you wish to accept, you can follow the rules posted there.
    The award is for up and coming blogs that have less than 200 followers.
    Enjoy
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

“A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world.”
~ Leo F. Buscaglia quotes