Living a simple life in a cottage by the sea.

Apr 10, 2013

Gentle Days

 
 "I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string.” 
~ L.M. Montgomery
 
 
Pretty little dress I picked up last year (on sale)from April Cornell.
 
 



 
added the pin for fun...
 
 
Today is one of those days I feel like I'm  not getting much done.  Add to that a bit of a fussy, teething baby and you have the makes of one of those "oh well" days.  I like to refer to times like these as my "gentle days."  No, I might not get much done, but I do have time to sit quiet and rock  my wee grandson.  And really, what could be sweeter than cuddling a baby?
 
All is good...still managed to get the clothes hung outside and put a meatloaf in the crockpot for dinner.  Right now grandbaby is taking a much needed nap, so I have a few moments to myself.  Life is so busy just doing everyday things, laundry, cooking, homemaking.  But I wouldn't have it any other way.
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Pretty fabric! And the pin goes so well. I think it would be nice if the majority of days were like that. These days, we just feel as if we have to be doing work...we don't even have time for visiting and chatting like you see in the older movies.,ha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosebud,
    Grandson??? I can't believe that!
    Yes, gentle days are sweet indeed,
    we need th, in between thha faster paced ones sometimes, Gentle days are when you notice beauty in the ordinary.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I know what you mean.
    The dress looks so pretty, what a great find. I wish I could wear things like that, but I'm too tall and big boned I'm afraid ; )
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds nice and peaceful to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that dress! and the pin.

    I hope the baby feels better.

    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. aaaaaaaaAah! ~ the simple sweet joys of life's journeys! ~ thankyoU! ~ for this beautiful share! ~ blessed be!...(0:

    ReplyDelete

“A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world.”
~ Leo F. Buscaglia quotes