A Delightful Weekend

"When April steps aside for May,
Like diamonds all the rain-drops glisten;
Fresh violets open every day:
To some new bird each hour we listen.
-~Lucy Larcom
 
 
                     
I love it when I spend the  weekend around our cottage.  Staying out of the stores, eating from our pantry and finding fun crafts and recipes from things I already have on hand.  Does life get any better?  We are having a roast in the crockpot for dinner (we've been having rather cool weather), with homemade brownies for dessert.
 
Found two items on the internet today I thought I'd share.  The first is how to make a lovely, light scent for yourself or to spray on your sheets. How divine!   I'll be making this in jasmine!
In the language of flowers (floriography) jasmine represents grace and elegance.

 
 
* The word voile is French for veil, and is used to describe something that is very light and delicate. When used to describe fragrance, a voile is gentle and soft, just a whisper of fragrance on your skin.You could also use a different favorite floral scent in this recipe, such as frangipani or jasmine.

 
1⁄4 cup filtered or distilled water
 1⁄8 teaspoon castor oil
 6 to 8 drops lavender essential oil

1. Mix together all ingredients and stir well. Pour into a clean container with a tight-fitting lid.
 
Then I came across this yummy breakfast idea I can't wait to try this tomorrow ~
I'm thinking this would be really good with rasberries!
 
 


Photo from This Chick Cooks
Are these little jars too cute or what??


 
Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup oats
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup yogurt
  • 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey
  • 1/4 cup chopped berries
  • additional berries for topping
Instructions
Combine all ingredients, stir, cover and refrigerate overnight. Top with additional berries if desired.
 
 
 And...

Today we made strawberry jam!  Yep, a first for me, I just hope it turned out ok!


 

Comments

  1. Your jam looks so good! I am going to try both those recipes.

    I have my soap essence oils that I need to do something else with...so I will try that.

    And the strawberry refrigerator oats look like a yummy quick breakfast, to prepare for in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...strawberry awesomeness! ~ may thee have a most splendid week ahead! ~ blessed be!...(O:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always think time at home is the best. We were on the road this weekend to visit our parents, both sets live in the Texarkana area. It was a very nice visit all around but Now it is good to be home and I plan on puttering around here as much as I can.
    Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurie...what a neat recipe. Thank you so much for sharing it with me :) and you tried strawberry jam - I am sure it must taste delicious ;D m.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been such a busy bee ; )
    The recipes are wonderful, thank you and the jam looks delicious in very nice in those jars !!
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my that recipe looks so yummy. I'm forever buying those fruit and yogurt concoctions from the grocery store but I ought to just make them myself really. Lovely to return to your blog and see all the sweet things you've been up to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The recipe for the strawberry/oatmeal looks delicious.

    I also like the idea of a floral fragrance veil. Do you think that glycerine would work, instead of castor oil? I have glycerine on hand.

    Your cottage entrance with the beautiful roses gracefully arching over the walk is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that jam looks delicious and I bet that oat berry breakfast would be so good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

“A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world.”
~ Leo F. Buscaglia quotes