Flowers, Crystals and Butterflies

 
Just like the butterfly, I too will awaken in my own time. ~Deborah Chaskin
 

A little bag I made to carry about my new Pink Lemurian seed crystal  (divine feminine energies).  I created it this morning, and I really like how it turned out.  Just using vintage lace and ribbons and then added the butterfly charm.  I added dried jasmine petals so the smell is indeed divine.  I can wear this as a necklace or hang it on my bedpost.


Someone I knew died this past Friday that has left an empty place in my heart.  I can't say that I knew him all that well, we would cross paths nearly every morning while out walking.  He had his litle dog Miss Jean and I always have Junior.  Always, always, he had a smile on his face and a great big "Good Morning!"  Rusty was someone I guess you could call "slow" ~ he was a grown man, yet very childlike and lived at home with his mom.  He loved fried catfish, red beans and rice, The Saints and his little dog Miss Jean.
  Anway, the last week or two I hadn't seen him and saw in today's paper he died after a short illness with Leukemia.  I have been feeling low all day.  How could someone I barely knew make such a difference in my life? Yet, he had and I will miss him.
  Goodbye Rusty, I know your loving spirit lights up the Heavens.

   Hope you are having a
beautiful weekend.
 
 

Comments

  1. Yes I'm sure Rusty is in heaven! I bet his mother is sad, but would be cheered up if she knew how touched you were by just seeing him walk his dog!

    In our sadness here on earth, we have cherished memories!

    It is somewhat cool and rainy here. I hope this isn't a clue to how our summer will be. I need an old-fashioned hot summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes Laurie...those that stay the shortest time, are the ones that make the greatest impact. m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurie, So sorry you have lost your friend but I believe God brings angels to us, if only for just a short time, to bless our souls. Peace be with you, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...sending hugs of comfort dear kindred heart...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry about your friend, loss is just hard when we care about someone, even if we did not them real well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it true that certain people leave their mark in our lives and they may never have known they did. It sounds like Rusty was one of those special people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is strange how some people touch our hearts and we don't know why. I am sorry to hear of his sad battle. But I am sure he is with the Lord.

    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful creation. I am sorry to hear about Rusty, it is always so sad to hear of people you know passing, especially considering Rusty sounded to be of such a sweet, and innocent nature.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

“A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world.”
~ Leo F. Buscaglia quotes