Little Bits

"Never yet was a springtime, when the buds forgot to bloom."
~ Margaret Elizabeth Sangster
 
 
Not much new here, days have been slow and easy.  Of course our grandson always keeps us on our toes!  He is such a delight and has really blessed our family.
 
 
So, today I thought I would share a few items I recently acquired from our local thrift shop.  Along with a few photos of our ever growing garden.
 
 
Pretty cotton blouse ~
 

 
         I love the lace along the hem...
 

 
I found this among the dresses while thrifting, although I'll use it as a slip.

 
Love the color ~ blush pink!  This will be pretty peeking out under a skirt.
 

 
Our garden this week!

 

 
We have been enjoying fresh green beans.
 
 
 
 We've had so much rain here lately, that it's kept me indoors.  This afternoon I'll be sewing a few pillowcases from an old sheet and reading Jane Austen's Emma.  Perfect for a rainy day.
 
 
 

Comments

  1. Oh my! Your garden is so nice...you are way ahead of us. Good idea, the fence for the critters! My son sent me a video of your area rain last night with the constant lightening!

    Such a pretty blouse and slip. It makes you wonder why anyone would not keep those. I suppose they could be like me, who are growing out of all my clothes and keep hoping I will lose weight :)
    I need to just give my clothes away so as not to waste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always find the prettiest, most feminine things at thrift shops! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your thrifted clothes are so sweet. I think you will really enjoy them.
    Wow is all I can say about your thriving garden. Spring just wont stay in Oklahoma. We are expecting a hard freeze tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blouse and slip. I wish I could find things like that! Your garden is fabulous. Here in Oklahoma, we seem to revert back to winter, every few days. I've covered and uncovered, the new rose bushes, so much that I will have to replace the mulch before long. Frustrating is our gardening season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great you can get milk at a nearby farmer's market. I would've just been glad to drive to this farm, if it weren't so far away (25 miles).

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...way swell thrifty finds dear gentle kindred! ~ blessed be!...(0:
    ...(love the new layout of thine prettily blog toO!)...

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have been having so much rain too. It is actually cool here and it is May!!! Unbelievable in Florida. Your blouse is pretty and your garden looks great.

    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah your garden looks wonderful...fresh green beans yum...it will be about two more months before we have our garden looking like this. Such a pretty blouse. I love the lace as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

“A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world.”
~ Leo F. Buscaglia quotes