"Sweet May hath come to love us,
Flowers, trees, their blossoms don;
And through the blue heavens above us
The very clouds move on."
~  Heinrich Heine


I wanted to write about something happy today.  You know, just the little ordinary things that put a smile on my face.  Holding my grandbaby and just taking in all that baby goodness.  Spending time in my garden and enjoying the beauty and scents while listening to the trill of the mockingbirds.  Even  having a nice slice of chocolate cake for dessert, curtesy of the youngest son's girlfriend! 


I just finished reading The Language of Flowers  by Vanessa Diffenbaugh.  I was instantly entranced, you know, anything to do with my long love of  Floriography!  Some parts were rather depressing, but life isn't always sunshine and flowers.  A good read none the less.

 
 
A bright pink rose blooming this morning.  That signifies gratitude.  Funny thing is, I never planted this color ~ so I really don't know where she came from.
 
 
 
It almost looks orange, but really it's a vivid pink!




My Gardenias (hospitality,secret love, purity, joy, beauty) are blooming too ~ we have several bushes planted out front (along with the Jasmine trellis) that smell heavenly when I have the windows open

 
 
Today I am being grateful for all the beauty that surrounds me ~
 
 

Comments

  1. Oh your photos are divine...I love that peachy rose...how beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so wonderful, the rose is lovely and so is the gardenia.
    I wish I could plant gardenias in the garden. I can only have them in the house. It is too cold for gardenias here.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to live vicariously through your beautiful garden since I have a black thumb and unpredictable weather! Love this idea of mentioning the little, sweet things to cherish.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

“A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world.”
~ Leo F. Buscaglia quotes