In the Garden

 
"Kind hearts are the gardens;
kind thoughts are the roots;
kind words are the flowers;
kind deeds are the fruits."
 ~  English Proverb
 
 
 
 
We have sooo  many tomatoes!  We plan to can some in a few days and make some salsa.  I  just love a tomato sandwich!
 
 
 
 
My little faerie residing over the Impatiens...

 
 





 
Impatiens are a symbol of motherly love.
 

...and hidden amongst the Impatiens I found a four leaf clover. A little worse for wear, but still a four leaf clover!
 

 
 
Our chickens have grown so much!  we think we have three roosters out of  the bunch. In fact one tried to crow this morning.  Next week we will give those three away.  As for names, it seems we have Buttercup, Honeybun, LilyPuff and Miss Pittypat.
 
 
 
  We think these three are the roosters. 




 


 
 
I know I haven't been visiting much, but hopefully this weekend our company will be gone.  I'm pooped ~ I guess I don't do well with large gatherings for more than a day or two.  I'm looking forward to things getting back to normal.  I'll be back to visit soon!



Comments

  1. Your garden is lovely, Laurie! I didn't do a garden this year. Maybe next year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see your flowers/veggies/and chickens! Wow....your weather must be really ahead of ours...those tomatoes look like heaven to my stomach! I could eat tomato sandwiches every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we just finished up a time of company- many family members at our home. It was mostly fun. The hardest was the day after I got almost no sleep as I slept with a fussy granddaughter in the recliner.
    Other than that, it was good.

    your garden and chickens are amazing~!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm your tomatoes look delicious! Love the fairy and four leaf clover amongst the impatiens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Fairy..so enchanting..such lovely blooms...your impatients are totally magical...what a fantastic and uplifting post! Yum..me too, love tomatoes..love salsa!
    hugs
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't even know you had chickens perhaps I should have checked out your sidebar! How delightful! And your tomatoes are amazing, after two years of failing at tomatoes we have given up haha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

“A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world.”
~ Leo F. Buscaglia quotes