Working with Flowers (A Midsummer's Post)

  
 
 
The Flowers
~ Robert Louis Stevenson
 
All the names I know from nurse:
Gardener's garters, Shepherd's purse,
Bachelor's buttons, Lady's smock,
And the Lady Hollyhock.

Fairy places, fairy things,
Fairy woods where the wild bee wings,
Tiny trees for tiny dames--
These must all be fairy names!

Tiny woods below whose boughs
Shady fairies weave a house;
Tiny tree-tops, rose or thyme,
Where the braver fairies climb!

Fair are grown-up people's trees,
But the fairest woods are these;
Where, if I were not so tall,
I should live for good and all.


 
 
I love this time of year when so many flowers are in bloom.
 As Midsummer approaches,  I love to read about the different customs around the world.  Sometime I would love to visit Sweden during this time  Now they really know how to celebrate Midsummer!  You can read more about it here Sweden.Se. There are also some ideas on how to create your own celebration.

 
 
This is a little corner in my room.  My little mermaid is a Christmas ornament, but I thought she added just the right touch to the blue crystal bowl.  I added seashells from a recent walk down to the beach.




 
 
 
Rosebuds and herbs...

 
 
 
A bowl of Faerie herbs and flowers.
 
 
 
I think they would be delighted with the mix of  lavender, thyme, violets and roses.  I even added a few strawberry leaves, because after all June's moon is the Strawberry Moon.



Another bowl with drying marigolds, rosemary, lavender, thyme and peppermint.
 
 
I'm happiest when working with my flowers, either in the garden or crafting.
 

 
 Yes, Tinker Bell keeps watch over my work area.  Did I mention our cottage smells divine?


Happy Midsummer!

 
 

Comments

  1. Yes yes Midsummer and the fairies! I must remember to leave out some sweets and see if they pay me a visit. Beautiful fairy flower concoctions you've created. Oh yes, the colour on my walls is called Roses in the Garden by Rona, but I'm pretty sure it's a Canadian company so darn it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can almost imagine the wonderful smell. It would be great to visit you now to take in all the different scents !!!
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...what a super beautiful post..so inspiring and magical..all the photos are sublime! Yes..it must have such a gorgeous scent filling your cottage..lucky! Wishing you blessings and sparkles and magic always!!Thanks for sharing this dreamy adventure..so blissful!
    HUgs
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...thankyou! ~ sooooooooooooOoh much! ~ blessed be! ~ dear gentle heart!...(O:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, your bowls of flowers and herbs, of mermaid and fairies, have awakened the song of my heart. They make me so happy, Laurie. Truly. Mina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

“A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world.”
~ Leo F. Buscaglia quotes