Thawing Out

"Surely as cometh the Winter, I know
          There are Spring violets under the snow."
        ~ R. H. Newell

 
It has been a long month.  My brother received his kidney transplant, but has been in and out of the hospital with complications.  My husband is getting over whooping cough, my beloved little chicken Marianne died, and we have been experiencing some unseasonably cold weather.  I am looking forward to Spring ~ how about you?
 
 
I took this photo yesterday down at the docks.  We have never seen so many Egrets (?) in one place!
 


 
 My garden is sleeping under the ice...

 
We never have ice!


 
I have decided to sign up for an online course from one of my favorite websites( Post Road Vintage)  ~   Handmade Beauty Natural You ecourse.  I am looking forward to making more homemade concoctions.

 I have been busy planning my garden and bought some flower seeds I can't wait to plant!  But in the meantime I am staying warm and cozy in our little cottage, keeping myself busy baking, sewing, and of course looking after my most handsome little grandbaby!






Comments

  1. Hi Laurie,
    I am thawing out too. I don't do well in the cold. I am a sunshine girl. LOL We have lots of Egrets here too. There is a Heron that lives at our pond. Miss Candi loves to play with him. LOL
    Have a wonderful day.
    xxoo
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. As your brother and husband heals, you can look forward to the beauty of spring. :) It takes time to allow the healing process to continue. We become so anxious. m.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

“A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world.”
~ Leo F. Buscaglia quotes