Living a simple life in a cottage by the sea.

Mar 12, 2014

It's Been Awhile

"The air is like a butterfly
With frail blue wings.
The happy earth looks at the sky
And sings."
-  Joyce Kilmer, Spring
 
 
Early Spring at Rose Cottage... 
 
 
Making Rose Geranium soap
 
 

 
This by far is my favorite soap recipe.  I used the basic soap recipe from  the The Nerdy Farm Wife.  I just add essential oils.
 
 
 
The garden has just the beginnings of growth ~ right now the potatoes, carrots, lettuce and a few onions are sprouting.


 
 
Inside our cozy cottage...

 
 
Bread has been rising

 
Granola baking...

 
And...
 
We have ordered 25 more chickens ( we are hoping to sell eggs next Spring), started a worm farm (that grosses my kids out) and acquired another rain barrel.
 
Other than that, I spend my days taking care of my grandson while my daughter is in school, taking long walks with my husband, and just enjoying spending time with my family.  I know these times will not last.
 
  We are planning to take a short trip to Kentucky to visit the inlaws (my father in law (Pop) has been in the hospital. 
 
I hope you are all doing well. 
 


 
Yum!
 


3 comments:

  1. Laurie,
    It is so good to hear from you! The soap looks beautiful. Your garden is great! More chickens and more eggs! YAY!!!
    And I can almost smell the fresh baked bread!
    Have a safe trip and enjoy the precious family time.
    I look forward to future posts!
    Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laurie ,
    I have been concern about you. You have been too quiet.
    We are settling in the new house and enjoying our days.
    Hope to hear from you soon.
    XXOO
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is so pretty! Thanks for linking to the rose soap recipe - I'm glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete

“A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world.”
~ Leo F. Buscaglia quotes