Living a simple life in a cottage by the sea.

Sep 9, 2014

This and That


"By all these lovely tokens 
September days are here, 
With summer’s best of weather 
And autumn’s best of cheer." 
~ Helen Hunt Jackson

                               Photo ~ Shabby Chic

Things to do this week include making another batch of laundry detergent, baking loaves of wheat and French bread and baking some oatmeal butterscotch cookies.  Friday is grocery shopping day, so I've been going through the pantry while working on my list.  

I woke up with a headache this morning, so I got through my chores as quick as possible.  My grandson is coming a bit later today,  so that's giving me time to eat a leisurely lunch which I hope will cure my aching head.

I hope you all have a pleasant day.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Laurie! I make my own laundry soap, too! It is both money saving and cathartic. And oh, how I envy your bread making skills...For some strange reason, yeast does not consider me a friend. Never can get it to rise. Sigh. Oh, well, quick breads adore me! =) Hugs and waving your way ~ Donna E.

    ReplyDelete

“A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world.”
~ Leo F. Buscaglia quotes