Living a simple life in a cottage by the sea.

Nov 6, 2014

Wearing What you love

I am not young but I feel young.  The day I feel old, I will go to bed and stay there.  J'aime la vie!  I feel that to live is a wonderful thing.
Coco Chaanel

A few years ago I had a closet full of skirts, but still felt like I had nothing to wear.  I've pared down my wardrobe and now ((aside from a few skirts) I wear jeans.  My favorite style are boyfriend jeans. They are very comfy and still look cute with my boots.  Last year I was wearing the skinny jeans, but honestly they are such a pain in the neck to take off and on.  
My color palette has remained the same, consisting of white, ivory and pinks.  This year I want to add a bit of soft gray for the Winter months.  I just don't feel dressed unless I'm wearing something pretty.
 
 
My closet
 
My dresser consists of this drawer for shirts, a drawer for my jeans and one for my underpinnings.
 

My pink "leather" jacket for Autumn that I haven't worn yet. It hasn't been cold enough.

 
And my Winter coat, as you can see it's not very heavy. It just doesn't doesn't get cold enough to warrant a heavy coat.  Although last year we had some ice!

I do have a nice collection of scarves and one or two hats.  I don't wear much jewelry, except for my wedding/engagement ring ( which is an antique. They were my grandmothers. She was married in 1918). I have a few pairs of earrings and my mom's pearls that I wear quite often.  It makes me happy to wear something that belonged to her.

Wear what makes youu happy!



3 comments:

  1. Oh Laurie! So pretty!! I used to never wear jeans but over the last year I have found some that I think are a pretty addition to my wardrobe. I love the tops. I have cut back so much it is not even funny!! xoxo Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your closet is just to die for!!! Love the softer colors and the feminine style...Color me jealous! I am plump and finding these lovely styles in larger sizes is quite the challenge (sad face). I do plan to "alter" some of the clothing that I can find to make it more "dreamy". Lovely post! Hugs ~ Donna E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful wardrobe. I love the colours. The jewelry sound great. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete

“A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world.”
~ Leo F. Buscaglia quotes