Living a simple life in a cottage by the sea.

Apr 20, 2015

Flowers and Fripperies


"That God once loved a garde we learn in Holy writ.
And seeing gardens in the Spring I well can credit it."
Winifred M. Letts

Snapdragons from my garden.

I spent the morning making cards from pretty bits and pieces.

The sun is finally shining. I hung laundry out and had a nice visit with my "Girls" (the chickens).  We've been getting anywhere from 8 to twelve eggs a day. Out of the fourteen only one doesn't lay anymore.  Lizzie is now retired, and spends her days enjoying the warm sun and the occasional dust bath.

This is the week I'm getting a lot of little things done.  My husband has knee surgery (again) next week.  Something didn't go right with the knee replacement he had, so their going back in to fix it.  Anyway, I hope you all have a pleasant week.


8 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you are having some sunshine and were able to visit with your girls :0) Praying that the surgery will be successful this time around...

    blessings to you Laurie,

    mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just recently came across your blog, and enjoy it immensely.
    I wish homey blogs were available when I thought I was different because I enjoyed tending my home and family.
    I live in Northern Ca. near Sacramento and the weather has been very warm...in the 90's. So everything is blooming in full force and beautiful color!
    I also have chickens...I have always enjoyed them....even though the cost of their eggs cost a mint!
    I have 12 new chicks, so we will have more eggs in about 16 weeks!
    We have 20 acres, 16 in Olive trees, the rest are barn, coop and my sewing studio (guest house) , garden area and some fruit trees....it keeps me busy, but I like it that way...
    Enjoy your week, and hope your hubby has successful surgery on that knee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Enid!
      Thank you for visiting my blog. We used to live in Sacramento. My husband was stationed at Mather, then McClellan AFB. Two of my children were born there. It sounds like you have a lovely place. I love it when the chickens are babies!

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry about your husbands knee, my husband had a replacement on his right knee and has had 2 more surgeries on it, something about the spacer was the wrong size and too much scar tissue. It's not perfect now but it is a lot better than before.
    I hope this surgery makes his knee right.

    What do you do with all your eggs? My husband brought home 6 dozen yesterday from a coworkers chickens. My daughter will take 2 dozen but that still leaves me a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rhonda!
      We share lots of eggs with our neighbors, my daughter and my husband takes some to work. I think about selling them, but for now we just give them away:)

      Delete
  4. Your Snapdragons are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello dear friend
    Where do you find all your pretty art work for making cards?
    I just love them.
    XXOO
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

“A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world.”
~ Leo F. Buscaglia quotes