Living a simple life in a cottage by the sea.

Nov 4, 2015

November



"Two sounds of autumn are unmistakable, the hurrying rustle of crisp leaves blown
along the street or road by a gusty wind, and the gabble of a flock of migrating geese. 
Both are warnings of chill days ahead, fireside and topcoat weather."
-   Hal Borland



            November's morning light


 I Like November.  I like the shorter days and although it is still quite warm here ( 78 today), it has the feel of Autumn.  I purposely stay out of stores as much as possible (except grocery stores) because I don't want to see Christmas displays quite yet.  

This is the month of quite reflection and early afternoons in the garden.  We have quite a crop of green beans we will be canning this weekend.  Our Girls (chickens) are molting so there are fewer eggs. I froze quite a lot this Summer to see us through the Winter.  I quite enjoy the evenings this time of year. I light candles early in the evening that add to that cozy feel - even if it is still warm outside!

Hope you all have a lovely November day.







1 comment:

  1. Hi Laurie,
    I enjoy this time of the year too. I am not ready for Christmas either. I want to savor Thanksgiving.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

“A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world.”
~ Leo F. Buscaglia quotes