Winter's Spell



  And yet but lately have I seen, ev'n here,
The winter in a lovely dress appear...
And brighten'd ev'ry object to my eyes:
For ev'ry shrub, and ev'ry blade of grass,
And ev'ry pointed thorn, seem'd wrought in glass;
In pearls and rubies rich the hawthorns show,
While through the ice the crimson berries glow.



  

So here we are again under Winter's spell.  I'm not much of a cold weather fan, although I do admit I like enjoying a good book by the fire.  Much of my reading comes from garden catalogs, for although our garden is sleeping, it won't belong before it begins to stir.
Next week will be a busy one, as my husband has to have knee replacement surgery.  Same knee as last time.  Seems the first one is too loose and causing him los of pain. 


Comments

  1. I pray the operation is successful Laurie. Blessings and enjoy your time by the fire :) mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Laurie! Sorry to hear about your husband's knee. Know you'll be glad when it's done! I love the photo of the long dress and white. Pretty.
    xo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

“A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world.”
~ Leo F. Buscaglia quotes