Living a simple life in a cottage by the sea.

May 12, 2016

An Ordinary Day


"Be like a flower and turn your face to the sun."
- Kahlil Gibran



We've been having beautiful weather and not too muggy!  I've planted a few flowers and weeded the veggie garden.  I baked a strawberry pie. I hope it taste better than it looks.  My pie plate was too big for the size of the crust.

My sad strawberry pie


I've been picking some herbs to add to the chickens run and coop. It helps to freshen it up.

rosemary, lavender and mint



Today I received a lace shirt extender I bought from etsy.  I just love etsy, but I have to be careful and not spend all my money there.

So, that was pretty much my day aside from the usual laundry, dishes and babysitting my grandson. Dinner tonight is scrambled eggs.  At the moment I have 9 dozen eggs in the icebox courtesy of our girls.  It's no wonder we have breakfast dinner at least once a week.




2 comments:

  1. Oh how pretty that tank is! There is nothing more feminine than lace! I bet your pie is yummy- I hate things that look perfect and taste agh. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laurie,
    I'm guessing your pie was delicious, hope it didn't make a mess in your oven.
    Your new top is very pretty :)

    I'm sorry about your sweet puppies health, it just hurts as pets are so special to us.

    Have a good Friday

    ReplyDelete

“A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world.”
~ Leo F. Buscaglia quotes