Living a simple life in a cottage by the sea.

Sep 13, 2016

A Few Nice Things

Bloom the warm rose
Of lavish summer.
Christina Rossetti

I baked an apple pie and this time I made sure I had enough crust for a decent top. It was really good, I love mine with a slice of cheddar cheese.

The remaining chickens seem to be doing quite well. We now have 10.

I celebrated a birthday this Summer and my wonderful husband bought me this lovely blouse from April Cornell.  I added the rose sash (from Paris Rags) because as much as I love April Cornell's clothing, I find it runs pretty big. If I wear this as is, I look like I'm wearing a maternity top.

 Now, this I love, love! It's also by April Cornell. A little darker rose than what was on my computer screen, but it will be nice for Autumn.  Excuse my unmade bed in the background, I'm washing the bed linen today:)
Close-up of the back. Such pretty lace!


Hope you are enjoying the final days of Summer!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pie. Love April Cornell too. She has such pretty feminine fashions. You're right, they do run big.

    ReplyDelete

“A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world.”
~ Leo F. Buscaglia quotes